School Liaison Program
The School Liaison Program is the central point of contact for commanders, military families, and local school systems on school-related matters for grades Pre-K-12. They connect families, communities, and schools and are known as the base education office for K-12. They advocate, advise, and build alliances to help address education concerns/issues of the Total Force and offer a network, to educate and provide information/referral for military families and school districts.
The School Liaison helps ease the transition from one school to another (before and after a move) and helps navigate the school systems to ensure our military youth can achieve their highest academic success potential at any assigned location.
Parents, school personnel, and community members with questions on school-age military child education are encouraged to contact their local School Liaison Program.
- Last report card, progress report, IEP
- Current schedule
- Immunization Records
- Unofficial Transcript
- Course Directory
School Liaison Program Assists Families
- Educating parents on the local school system policies, procedures, programs, and schedules.
- Coordinating education transition-related resources and points of contact within school and community.
- Addressing issues with youth registration in the local school system.
- Supplying resource materials on primary, secondary, and post-secondary education.
- Supporting school personnel by providing information about the military lifestyle.
- Securing access to military resources.
- Enhancing community programs through a partnership with schools and business/industry.
- Combining resources to eliminate duplication of service.