Common eligible purchases are:
In order to process through our office, please follow the steps outlined below:
NOTE: DO NOT PURCHASE ITEMS DIRECTLY FROM VENDOR OR MAKE ANY DEPOSITS
1. Find out if the supplier is willing to participate in the VAT program (a letter explaining the program to the supplier is available).
2. Obtain a quote addressed to 48 FSS or 48th Force Support Squadron; the quote must contain the following information:
Name of the Supplier (business or individual)
Supplier Phone Number
Itemization of good or services received & price per unit.
Total Cost of Purchase. Quote must clearly state the VAT exclusive quote amount
Date of Quote (Quotes are valid for 30 days)
3. Visit the VAT office with the following items in order to purchase a government check made payable to the vendor:
-Payment may be made for the invoice in £ Sterling cash, a Cashier's check made out to 48 FSS for the VAT exclusive amount, or by Credit card.
*Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Apple Pay
-Processing Fee may be paid in £ Sterling cash, $ USD cash, or by Debit/Credit card
PLEASE NOTE: We can only accept Cash, Credit Card or Cashier’s check as payment. We cannot accept personal checks.
4. We will issue a government check made payable to the Vendor for the VAT-exclusive goods and services, along with two VAT Free Purchase certificates. Take the check and certificates to the Vendor and purchase goods or services. The vendor must complete the information on the VAT Free Purchase certificates.
- The certificate labeled “Merchant Copy” remains with the Vendor for their records.
5. Return the "RAF Lakenheath Copy" certificate to the VAT office within 10 calendar days.
FAILURE TO RETURN A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE TO THE VAT OFFICE MAY RESULT IN YOUR EXCLUSION FROM FUTURE PARTICIPATION.
Housing services such as boiler service and carpet cleaning are eligible for all ration-privileged individuals under the general VAT Relief process. Repairs and replacements of fixed items (i.e., windows, flooring, fixtures, boilers, etc.) in the home are ONLY eligible for homeowners and are subject to further restrictions (below).
To process a VAT free transaction for a home repair or replacement:
Stay in the loop and find all the lastest 48 FSS community events!
Built with HTML5 and CSS3 - 48th Force Support Squadron.
Due to NIPR Net restrictions this website might not be displayed correct or complete.