Common eligible purchases are:
Each individual item, set, or service must be priced at £100 or more (VAT inclusive) for processing. VAT relief cannot be granted for unrelated items under the £100 minimum, even if the total quote is over £100.
Utilities, real property, and vehicles – including motorcycles – are prohibited from purchase under the program. All quotes are subject to approval – if you have any questions or concerns about item eligibility, please contact our office.
In order to process through our office, please follow the steps outlined below:
NOTE: DO NOT PURCHASE ITEMS DIRECTLY FROM VENDOR OR MAKE ANY DEPOSITS
1. Find out if the supplier is willing to participate in the VAT program (a letter explaining the program to the supplier is available).
2. Obtain a quote addressed to 48 FSS or 48th Force Support Squadron; the quote must contain the following information:
3. Visit the VAT office with the following items in order to purchase a government check made payable to the vendor:
PLEASE NOTE: We can only accept Cash or Cashier’s check as payment. We cannot accept personal checks, credit cards, or debit cards.
4. Take the check and VAT Free Certificates to the supplier and purchase goods or services.
5. Have the supplier complete the information on the VAT Free Purchase certificates and return one copy to the VAT office within 10 calendar days.
FAILURE TO RETURN A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE TO THE VAT OFFICE MAY RESULT IN YOUR EXCLUSION FROM FUTURE PARTICIPATION.
Housing services such as boiler service and carpet cleaning are eligible for all ration-privileged individuals under the general VAT Relief process. Repairs and replacements of fixed items (i.e., windows, flooring, fixtures, boilers, etc.) in the home are ONLY eligible for homeowners and are subject to further restrictions (below).
To process a VAT free transaction for a home repair or replacement:
Once all restrictions above are met, the transaction will proceed under the same process listed on the “General” tab of this page.
957, Room 115
Chester St, Lakenheath, Brandon IP27 9PS, United Kingdom
*Note that the VAT Office is closed daily from 12:00-12:15pm for turnover.
Check pickup will be available out-of-hours from 7:30-8:30am & 3:30-4:30pm upstairs in room 202.
Sat-Sun & US Holidays
Stay in the loop and find all the lastest 48 FSS community events!
Built with HTML5 and CSS3 - 48th Force Support Squadron.
Due to NIPR Net restrictions this website might not be displayed correct or complete.