Building Unit Cohesion Through Group Recreation
We are closed on weekends, federal holidays, goal & family days.
For more information, click the button below or select the Programs & Services Item in the blue dropdown menu above.
Unite With your Squadron!
This program is here to provide squadron leaders with the maximum flexibility to deliver programs that build cohesion for personnel within their unit. This includes assigned Active Duty, and both APF and NAF Civilians.
How Can We Support
We can help you with funding for your Unite events. Currently, we can pay for food and beverages up to $5 per person attending. *Beverages do not include alcohol. Our support can only go towards unit cohesion events.
What We Cannot Support
Unite funds cannot be used to augment holiday parties.
Volunteer / Free Events Can Be Organized With Unite
Charitable work provides a cost effective team building activity that allows co-workers to see each other in a new light and can make a real difference in your community.
Our concentration for FY19 Programs:
- Fun Runs / Obstacle Courses
- Alpha Warrior Challenge / Fitness Events
- Food Banks / Animal Shelter
- Salute to Youth & Backpack Brigade
What You Can Get With Unite Programs
- Squadrons will build unit cohesion
- Develop new skills or competency
- Improve physical fitness
- Increase esprit de corps, comradery, or morale
- Promote interaction between unit members
- Provide an opportunity for fun or relaxation
- Reinforce peer, squadron, or AF corps values
- Work on a team-building exercise
Rules of Engagement
Planning an Event
- Unit POC contacts C3 (Community Cohesion Coordinator) to notify Unit interest in executing an event
- C3 provides Catalog of 'Ready-to-Execute' (RTE) Programs as well as Partnerships from the community. Units can either choose a RTE program, select from established partnerships, or create their own.
- Unit POC meets with their respective Squadron Commander / Civilian Leader with proposed event idea for approval
- An event request is created by the unit POC with the help of the C3 and signed by the Squadron Commander / Civilian Leader.
Requesting an Event
- Unit POC fills out request form for desired event
- C3 sends request to AFSVA (approval process takes 10 business days)
- Events is either approved or modifications are requested
Funding an Event
- Upon approval, units are allocated a specific budget for activities, food, and non-alcoholic beverages
- Funds are executed by the C3 and must have approval (do NOT use any other methods to execute funds)
Executing and Event
- Unit POC is responsible for event coordination and execution
- C3 assists as needed; provides overview and guidance for policies and procedures
Sharing Metrics from an Event
- Unit POC must complete AAR w/in 3 business days after the event and email to C3
- POC must provide all DOD ID numbers for participants along with the AAR. Participants are required to complete a survey when the event concludes (survey is sent via us.af.mil email)
- Unit POC encourages participants in completing survey
For more information, check the "Host Your First Unite Event with Five Easy Steps" links below.
Host Your First Unite Event with Five Easy Steps!
1. Establish your Person(s) of Contact
Squadron Commanders will appoint squadron Unite POC(s) to the FSS Unite C3. It will list their duties.
2. Event Proposal
Complete and send to C3- Click here to email - The C3 will then submit the request for approval.
They will then initiate payments after approval has been acquired.
3. Have Fun at the Event!
Enjoy your event! Please submit photos, as this lets us pass them along to show BIG Air Force what your squadron is doing to Unite!
Please submit your photos via email along with your After Action Report.
4. Collect DoD ID Numbers
DOD ID numbers are required to track funding and attendance. Please send to C3 with the attached form.
5. Submit After Action Information
The C3 will not be attending your Unite events so we are relying on you to provide detailed after action information so that we may improve the program.
AARs must be completed and sent to the C3 within 3 business days after the event.
Click here to email the C3